25th Gullane Beach Triathlon 2020 Postponed to 2021!
The 25th Gullane Beach Triathlon 2020 has been postponed to 2021. This difficult decision has been taken for the following reasons:
– Uncertainty regarding social gatherings in September 2020 owing to current pandemic
– Recognition that public indoor pools are currently closed and open water swimming is currently strongly advised against
– Difficulty in planning for Gullane 2020 in the current health climate
– As a club organising the event we are less dependent upon income from the triathlon but we are conscious that if sporting events are to be permitted in September, owing to the current economic situation we feel we should put commercial and charitable ventures before our own
– Some other events are now being rescheduled to September and it is quite possible that this may apply to golfing events which usually take place in the Gullane area
– By postponing to 2021 we will have more time to make an even more fantastic 25th Gullane Beach Triathlon!
We very much appreciate your support for this event and look forward to welcoming you in 2021!
Arrangements have been made to refund all persons who have already signed up to the event. In the event of any query, please email on email@example.com.
The Gullane triathlon has been a mainstay of the Scottish triathlon scene since it’s inception in 1996. Each year it attracts a full range of abilities – from top age groupers to first timers – to it’s setting amongst the beautiful East Lothian countryside. It’s a ‘bucket-list’ race on a course which can challenge and delight in equal measure.
The swim is 1500m in the sea at Gullane Bay. It’s a two lap course involving an exit and short beach run between laps. The water temperature is usually around 13 degrees so wetsuits are compulsory. A cut-off time of 25mins for halfway will operate – any participant who does not meet the cut-off time will unfortunately have to stop the race.
The bike is 42km on undulating, mostly quiet country roads in East Lothian.
The run is 10km, involving two laps of a hilly course mainly on trails and grass.
Relay team entries are welcome.
The race is based at Gullane beach, located on the East Lothian coast approximately 18 miles east of Edinburgh on the A198. On entering Gullane, follow signs to the car park at Gullane Bents.
Parking is available at the race location but please note there is a £2 fee payable at a ticket machine. Marshals will be on hand on arrival to organise parking.
No overnight camping is allowed on the beach – please use official sites or contact the tourist information office for other accommodation:
East Lothian Tourist Information – 01620 892197
Edinburgh and Lothians Tourist Board – 0131 473 3800
How to Enter
Individuals and relay teams can sign up via EntryCentral.
You can keep up to date with news about the race on our Facebook page.
Please note that as the race takes place in a very scenic setting, there are no changing or showering facilities at the race site. However, there is a toilet block near to the transition area.